The contract to rent Teach Bríd through our website ballyconneelyholidayhome.ie is a contract between the owner and the customer. No other agent is involved. Customer verification in the form of passport copy and selfie photo or copy of utility bill are required. The contract does not take effect until receipt of required verification and we issue a written or e-mail confirmation of a confirmed booking to the customer.
2. Details of Deposits, Balances and Full Payments
A 25% deposit is payable when a booking is made. The remaining 75% balance is payable a minimum of 8 weeks before arrival. The full rental fee must be paid if a booking is made less than 8 weeks before arrival. Final payment not received by the due date will result in the booking being cancelled and the deposit forfeited by the customer. In the event of a booking not being accepted by us, all fees paid will be refunded immediately. The agreed price at time of booking is the price payable by the customer.
In the event that you have to cancel your holiday home reservation for any reason, the cancellation charges will be as follows. If the cancellation takes place between:
- 0 – 13 days before arrival 100% of the total rental amount will be forfeited by the customer.
- 14 – 27 days before arrival 75% of the total rental amount will be forfeited by the customer.
- 28 – 55 days before arrival 50% of the total rental amount will be forfeited by the customer.
- 56 days or more before arrival the deposit will be forfeited by the customer.
Please note the initial booking deposit is non-refundable.
4. Extra Charges
The customer undertakes to pay all extra charges as agreed at the time of booking and shall indemnify the owner against any loss or damage caused by the customer or any of the party.
5. Owners Liability
The holiday home owner does not accept liability for loss or damage to personal effects, baggage, mode of transport (e.g. car), or any other item belonging to the customer or any member of the customer’s party.
6. Changes and Prices Changes
The owner reserves the right to amend prices quoted on the website due to errors or omissions. Every effort is made to ensure that the holiday home description contained in current material is correct. The holiday home owner reserves the right to make modifications to the holiday home specifications that are considered necessary.
Teach Bríd is a family holiday home. Bookings will not be accepted from groups of single persons under the age of 25, or all male, or all female parties comprising more than four people.
8. Obligations of Tenants
The tenants agree:
- To pay for all oil, electricity and fuel charges incurred during a tenancy unless explicitly agreed otherwise.
- To replenish used consumables, which are supplied for convenience, but not part of rental fee (toilet paper, washing-up liquid, soap, dishwasher & washing machine supplies, briquettes etc.)
- To pay for any losses or damages to the property, caused by the Tenant or a member of their party (reasonable wear and tear excluded).
- To take good care of the property and leave it in a clean and tidy condition at the end of the tenancy. A cleaning service is not provided during the tenancy unless agreed otherwise.
- To keep the entrance gate closed at all times when not in use.
- Not to smoke within the property.
- To comply with Clause 17 below, regarding pets.
- Not to host parties or any events at the property during the tenancy.
- To permit the Owner reasonable access to the property.
- Not to part with possession of the property, or share it, except with members of the party shown on the booking form.
- Not to exceed the total number of people stipulated in the property description. A cot may only be occupied by a child aged 24 months or less. The holiday home owner reserves the right to terminate the hire without notice and without refund for a breach of this condition.
- Not to cause an annoyance or become a nuisance to occupants of adjoining premises.
9. Duration and Times of Letting
The holiday home may not be occupied before 5 pm on the hire date unless prior permission has been obtained from the holiday home owner. The holiday home must be vacated by 10 am on the final day of hire and left in a clean condition. A charge will be made if extra cleaning is required. The period booked cannot be exceeded unless the owner gives written approval. The tenants will be liable for any cost of whatsoever nature incurred because of an unauthorised extension.
10. Force Majeure
If for any reason beyond the owners control the property is not available on the date booked (for example, due to fire damage or flooding), or the property is unsuitable for holiday letting due to unexpected or catastrophic events, all rent and charges paid in advance by the Customer will be refunded in full. The Customer shall have no further claim against the Owner for any other loss or damages.
The owner does not accept liability for any act, neglect or default on the part of the owner or any other person not within their employ or otherwise under their control, nor for any accident, damage, loss, injury, expense or inconvenience, whether to person or property, which the Tenants or any other person may suffer or incur arising out of, or in any way connected with the letting. In addition, the owner accepts no liability for loss of or damage to the tenants’ possessions on the owners’ property or land. It is strongly recommended that clients and customers take out their own holiday insurance to cover the possibility of cancellation charges.
12. Gated Access to the Property
The gated access to the property must be kept closed at all times, except when required to be open for the purposes of entering and exiting the property. Cattle frequently roam freely on the adjacent commonage and will enter and cause very significant and costly damage to the property whenever the gates are left open. The tenant shall be liable for all costs incurred as a consequence of such damage during the period of their tenancy.
Some of the information on the Ballyconneely Holiday Home website relates to matters outside of the property such as shops, restaurants and public houses. Closure of such premises and other changes to outside facilities are outside the owner’s control.
14. Property Accessibility
If the Tenant is restricted in any way due to disability it is their responsibility to inform the owner of this, so that we can ensure that the property is suitable for their occupancy.
All complaints must be notified to the 0wner immediately so that an on-the-spot investigation can be made and remedial action taken if required. No compensation will be made for complaints raised after the tenancy has ended if the tenant has denied the owner the opportunity of investigating the complaint and putting matters right during the term of the tenancy. If a satisfactory outcome does not result, the owner should be informed in writing within 14 days stating the nature of the complaint and the date on which it occurred.
Smoking is strictly prohibited within the property.
Pets are permitted in the property. They must be kept under control and exercised off the premises. Pets are not permitted in the bedrooms or on the furniture. The owner cannot accept responsibility for the safety of pets or any damage or injury they cause to any property, animal or person. In particular, dogs must not be permitted to roam freely, as the property is adjacent to a Commonage frequented by cattle. Pets must not be left in the property unsupervised.
Where an inventory is provided, any discrepancies are to be reported to the owner or caretaker within 48 hours of arrival, otherwise the inventory will be deemed to be correct.
Linen is changed between tenancies.
20. Post Stay Assessment
The property will be assessed after your departure. If there are any breakages, damages or evidence of smoking, we will inform you within one week of your departure and a replacement or cleaning charge will apply.
Where VAT is payable the tax is included in the weekly rent.
22. Breach of Contract
A breach of any of these conditions by any of the tenants shall allow the owner or his Agent the right to enter the property and terminate the tenancy without prejudice to the owner or Agent.
23. Authority to sign
The person who completes the booking form certifies that:
- He or she is authorised to agree the booking conditions on behalf of all persons included on the booking form, including those substituted at a later date.
- The signatory is over 25 years of age and a member of the party that will occupy the property.
- The person agrees to take responsibility for the party occupying the property.
In case of a discrepancy between these booking conditions and conditions stated on the Ballyconneely Holiday Home website, these conditions shall prevail.
25. Validity Clause
If any term or provision in these booking conditions shall in whole or in part be held to any extent to be illegal or unenforceable under any enactment or rule of law that term or provision or part shall to that extent be deemed not to form part of this agreement and the enforceability of the remainder of this agreement shall not be affected.
26. Confirmation and Discounts
Bookings made through our online booking system are provisional until confirmed by us.